The Void is a dimension where characters and objects from Elmore are erased from the world due to being "mistakes." It made its first appearance in "The Void."
Over the course of the world's history, whenever a person, object, invention, game, fashion style, prehistoric animals, or other miscellany that was considered a mistake to the world came into existence, it would be removed and erased from the real world and ends up in the Void. Sometimes when a person is sent to the Void, they seem to be frozen in time like a paused video, but one can break them out of it just by touch. The Void has TV static as its background or outer space, and the laws of physics are warped in the Void so that there is less gravity and the direction of gravity's pull twists and varies all around the place. The mistakes sent to the Void are left hovering or floating all around it, unless they're standing on a floating platform.
Once a mistake is sent to the Void, all evidence that they ever existed is removed from the world - everyone's memory of the mistake is erased (unless a person wears a tinfoil hat), the mistake's image will all but vanish from any photos and pictures containing them, and where anything that belonged to the mistake (such as their school locker or their house) was located, the world will just fold up over them to hide and get rid of them. When the world folds up over evidence of a mistake's existence this way, it is possible for one to force the fold wide open to form a portal between the Void and the world. This portal will suck up anything that is near it, and it works both ways, but it will begin to shrink over time and eventually close back up to stop the mistakes in the Void from getting back into the world.
The Universal Remote can also open a portal to the Void.
Things and people sucked into the Void
- Molly (formerly) - Erased and sent into the Void because of her boring and uninteresting personality. She was rescued by Gumball, Darwin and Mr. Small, and brought her back to the world of Elmore.
- Rob (formerly, twice) - Erased and sent for unknown reasons, though his lack of a purpose in life or status as a very minor character may be the reason. He escaped back to the world by grabbing onto Mr. Small's van. He becomes disfigured as a result. He returns there in "The Rerun" when Gumball ejects him there using the Universal Remote.
- Gumball (formerly, three times) - Entered the Void through a portal to find and rescue Molly, then escaped back to the world. He returned to the Void again in "The Disaster" after Rob threw the Universal Remote into a portal which leads there. In "The Rerun" he entered the void to find and rescue Rob after sending him there, before he disappears completely out of existence.
- Darwin (formerly) - Entered the Void through a portal to find and rescue Molly, then escaped back to the world.
- Mr. Small (formerly) - Entered the Void through a portal to find and rescue Molly and his beloved van, Janice, then escaped back to the world.
- Gumball, Darwin and Mr. Small's hats - Sucked into the Void to erase their memories of the Void, and keep the fate of the world's mistakes secret.
- 80's hair spray - Erased and sent to the Void due to its high toxicity.
- Keytar - Erased and sent to the Void for unknown reasons.
- Darwin's "Early reel" design - Likely erased and sent after Darwin's design was finalized.
- Zeppelin - Erased and sent into the Void due to the 1937 Hindenburg disaster.
- A transmission tower - Erased and sent into the Void due to the dangerous risk of high voltage.
- Janice (formerly) - Erased and sent into the Void because of its eccentric and hippy appearance and attributes. It was returned to the world when Gumball, Darwin, Molly and Mr. Small drove it to get back through the portal out of the Void.
- Disco - Erased and sent after it died in the early 1980s.
- Disco shoes - Erased and sent when they fell out of style.
- Jorts - Erased and sent when they fell out of style.
- The mullet - Erased and sent after it fell out of style.
- Molly's treehouse - Removed from the world, and sent to the Void with Molly.
- An early version of the Wattersons' house - Erased and sent after the house's design was finalized.
- The saxophone - Erased for unknown reasons.
- Some models from How to Ratatwang Your Panda - Erased and sent due to being from a cheap, bargain bin movie ripping off several major blockbusters.
- LaserDisc - Erased and sent after the advent of DVD, as well as due to "Laser-rot."
- The planet Pluto - Erased and sent after Pluto was reclassified as a dwarf planet by the IAU in 2006 (technically still exists, though).
- CGI models, most of which are low-polygonal figures.
- An outline of Nicole's head.
- Clippet - Erased and sent due to Microsoft removing Office Assistant feature after it's criticism and also being very annoying.
- Dodo birds - Erased and sent after its species went extinct.
- A frog resembling Crazy Frog - Erased and sent to the Void due to it being an unpopular character and also very annoying.
- A ship ventilation tube from the Titanic - Erased and sent after Titanic sank in 1912.
- Pogo Balls - Erased and sent to the Void after their popularity faded.
- A rock cloud - The same (or a similar) object that crushed the Watterson's car in "The Job" when the clouds were transformed to rocks by Richard.
- Various car models - Erased and sent for currently unknown reasons, though it's likely due to constantly-changing car styles, as well as the cars' poor performance.
- Mix Tapes - Erased and sent due to being an obsolete media format.
- An early design of Elmore Junior High from the Early Reel.
- Segways - Erased and sent due to its poor sales and performance.
- Early compact disc media encased in caddies, such as a Capacitance Electronic Disc or similar - Erased and sent due to difficulty with maintaining, limited capacity, and otherwise becoming obsolete formats.
- YOLO - Erased and sent after being out of trend.
- Penny-farthing - Erased and sent after it went out of fashion when bikes became popular.
- Socks on sandals - Erased and sent after it went out of fashion.
- The helicopter ejector seat - Erased and sent due to its dangerous expectation with the helicopter blades.
- A Platybelodon - Erased and sent to the Void after its species went extinct.
ACARI cartridges - Erased and sent into the Void for negative reception and poor sales. It also was a parody of Atari's ET.
- Anderous - Rob threw Anderous into the portal into a portal which leads there.
- Rachel - Erased and sent for unknown reasons, though his lack of a purpose in life or status as a very minor character may be the reason. Shee escaped back to the world by grabbing onto Mr. Small's stolen van. She blames the Watterson family to threw her into the Void, antagonizes them.