Darwin: The Movie is a made-for-television movie based on the Cartoon Network TV Series, The Amazing World of Gumball.
The family tries to make Darwin connect with his fish roots. When Darwin is thrown by the Watterson family back into the natural habitat, he searches for the survival skills, where he is prevented himself to be eaten by seaguls.
- Gary's Cat
- French Fries
- Doughnut Sheriff
- Hamburger Cop
- Woodland Creatures
- Mr. Pepperoni
- Pest Controller
- Neck Beard
- Mr. Small
- Crocodile Woman
- Hot Dog Guy
- Helicopter Pilot
- Mr. Robinson
- Mrs. Robinson
- Sphere Citizens
- Footage from "The Roots" is reused.
- Music from "The Origins" is reused.
- Multiple scenes are recycled from "The Origins", "The Origins: Part Two" and "The Roots".
- A poster for Alligators on a Train from "The DVD" can be seen in the background of Funland.
- This is the second time Darwin expresses his desire to get a new bigger fish tank. The first time was in "The Night."
- The video camera from "The DVD," "The Refund" and "The Tag" appears in this episode.
- The film features the same reused animations as "The Origins", "The Origins: Part Two" and "The Roots".
- This episode uses elements from the original trailer for the show.
- This is the Gumball's second movie to be a character voiced by the guest star.
- Gumball's mermaid outfit resembles that of Ariel in Disney's The Little Mermaid.
- "Clair de Lune" by Claude Debussy plays when the Wattersons bid Darwin farewell before releasing him.
- Before Gumball ejects from his seat, he is sitting next to Darwin. Then when Darwin goes upstairs, it shows he was sitting next to Anais because she looks at an empty seat, thinking Gumball was there.
- When Nicole serves worms for dinner and says it is a special treat for Darwin, Richard's eyelashes are missing.
- When Darwin says he is going for a walk, with the camera zoomed out, there is no electrical outlet behind him. Then when the camera zooms in, the electrical outlet is seen. Then when the camera zooms back out, it disappears again.
- When Darwin is ambushed by the seagulls, his eyelashes is missing.
- When Stinky serves worms for dinner for Darwin during the trial, his hands are missing.